CANCELLATIONS & AMENDMENTS
Cancellations and amendments to a booking must be confirmed by email. Any bookings made via a booking agent must be cancelled or modified via the agent.
Cancellations: Our cancellation policy for Hotel bookings is notice of 48 hours prior to your scheduled day of arrival. For Fisherman’s Hut, Warehouse Cottage and Boat House bookings notice is required of 14 days prior to your scheduled day of arrival. Full payment is taken at the time of booking and is non-refundable within the cancellation period. We advise that private travel insurance is purchased to cover cancellations made within this period.
Amendments: Should you wish to amend the date or details of your booking we require at least 48 hours’ notice for Hotel bookings and 14 days’ notice for Fisherman’s Hut bookings. Any requests for amendments during these periods will be assessed on merit.
Cancellations and changes made by the Hotel Continental (Whitstable Oyster Co. Ltd): In the unlikely event that we are unable to accommodate a confirmed reservation, it may be necessary to offer an alternative of an equal or superior standard. If at any time we need to make changes to or cancel your stay we will inform you as soon as possible and offer suitable alternative or a full refund. (This does not apply to minor changes or unforeseeable circumstances during your stay that are beyond our control.) We cannot be held responsible for cancelling your booking as a result of your failure to comply with any requirement of our Booking Terms and Conditions and we cannot be held liable for any expenses, costs or losses incurred by you as a result of any amendment or cancellation. If a guest or member of your party behaves in manner that causes upset or potential danger to a third party or the property, we are entitled, without prior notice, to curtail the stay and request the person(s) concerned leave. No refunds, expenses or costs will be paid as a result of this.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF YOUR STAY:
- Check in to accommodation is from 3pm and check out 11am. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer an early check in and guests attending weddings are recommended to book the previous night.
- Dogs are permitted only in dog friendly accommodation (Room 25 in the Hotel and Fisherman’s Huts 6, 7, 8 and 9). Dogs are also permitted in the Bar area of the Hotel Continental.
- We recommend taking out travel insurance to cover the event of a cancellation. Please refer to our cancellation policy above for full details).
- Cots can be provided on request but we are unable to provide linen for these.
- Parking permits are available from 1pm on your day of arrival and must be collected from Hotel Continental reception. Parking for the Hotel Continental and Boat House rooms is subject to availability. Parking is not guaranteed and is allocated on a first come first serve basis. Each Fisherman’s Hut and Warehouse Cottage has one dedicated parking space situated on site. Parking permits must be displayed clearly in the front windscreen of the vehicle.
- Barbeques are strictly prohibited at the Fisherman’s Huts, Boat House and surrounding area (including the parking area) The Fisherman’s Huts are timber framed buildings. Please use the beach for barbeques, ensuring they are away from the timber groynes.
- Music, lights and gazebos are not permitted in the vicinity of the Fisherman’s Huts and Boat House.
- Guests are expected to take good care of the accommodation and be considerate of other guests and local residents.
- Whitstable Oyster Company Ltd cannot accept responsibility for any loss, damage or expense arising from industrial action, adverse weather conditions, terrorist activity or any other even outside the control of the company. Any vehicles and possessions are left at the owner’s risk.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- By making a booking you are confirming that you are authorised to do so on behalf of all persons named on the booking and that all members of your party are bound by these Booking Terms & Conditions.
- Once your booking has been confirmed, you will be sent an email using the email address supplied. Details of this confirmation should be carefully checked and a copy should be retained for your reference. Please contact Hotel Continental reception as soon as possible after booking if any details are incorrect. We will endeavour to rectify any inaccuracies but cannot take responsibility for those not brought to our attention.
- Full payment for all bookings is at the time of booking. All payment transactions are handled by a third party payment gateway. Balance payments and any extras incurred during your stay are payable at the time of checkout.
- Whitstable Oyster Co. Ltd cannot accept responsibility for unforeseen circumstances beyond our control. These include (but are not limited to) adverse weather conditions, fire, riot, war, terrorist activity (or threat of such activity), industrial dispute, natural disaster, injuries or death of an individual through accidental circumstances.
- By making a booking you are accepting responsibility for any damage or loss caused by yourself or a member of your party. Full payment for any such damage or loss must be paid for. Failure to do so will result in responsibility for meeting any claims subsequently made (together with our own and the other party’s full legal costs) as a result of your actions.
- We accept liability solely for services booked via the Hotel Continental and Whitstable Fisherman’s Hut websites or through relevant booking agents, in accordance with the Booking Terms & Conditions. We cannot accept any other form of liability.
- Whitstable Oyster Co. Ltd cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, content or availability of information regarding our accommodation that may be found on third party websites. Attempts to interfere with the operation of our own websites or any attempt to place an unreasonable or disproportionate load on our website or server infrastructure is prohibited.
- All copyright and other intellectual property rights in all text, images, sounds and other materials on this site is the property of Whitstable Oyster Co. Ltd.